VR Gaming Headset 64GB by Oculus – Oculus Quest is an all-in-one gaming system for virtual reality. No wires. No PC. Just set up with the Oculus mobile app, and you’re free to explore VR from almost anywhere. Sensors inside the headset precisely track your movements and instantly translate them into VR, while helping you steer clear of nearby objects. And with Oculus Touch controllers, your hands are in the game, so you can see your every gesture and feel the power of every impact. Take VR gaming to the next level. And everywhere else. Setup requires an iPhone(iOS 10 or higher) or Android(6.0 Marshmallow or higher) smartphone, the Oculus App (free download), 802.11 b/g/n wireless Internet access, and an Oculus account.
VR Gaming Headset 64GB Features:
- Receive all 3 Episodes of Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series and Lightsaber Dojos when you purchase an Oculus Quest headset between 11/21/2019 and 01/31/2020 (limited time only). Oculus Quest must be activated within 30 days of purchase to redeem offer.
- All-in-one VR: Simply set up the device with your Oculus mobile app and Oculus Quest has everything you need to explore VR, right out of the box
- Insight tracking: Oculus Insight tracking system instantly reflects your movements in VR without the need for any external accessories
- Touch controllers: Oculus Touch controllers precisely recreate your hands, their gestures and interactions, so every game is real enough to reach out and touch
- Beyond room-scale: Oculus Quest works with your environment, so you can play standing or sitting, in spaces big or small
VR Gaming Headset 64GB Pros Cons:
- PS2 Level graphics. This may be generous, but they were better than I expected.
- Cable free lets you explore around as much as you want. Define the room size during setup
- The most fun you can have for $400
- PS2 Level graphics (Rift S users may not be impressed)
- The virtual wall isn’t always visible when you need it. Accidentally punched a real-life wall during Creed demo.
- Multiplayer logistics might be challenging
Wow. I got more then I expected and I just can’t stop playing. Beat saber, super hot, etc, etc, everything is thrilling, action-packed, and amazing because you can move around, and it is almost like the system senses your body by what it can do in certain games. It’s literally great because of IM GETTING EXERCISE WHILE HAVING FUN! I can go on for hours playing and just not stop. The setup is easy, the colors are beautiful, and once you tighten and fit it on your head correctly, the picture is great. The description is exactly what you get if not more. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
Can you really move around in VR?
Yes. I had the extreme please to try this out at Star Wars Celebration 2019. You need a fair amount of clear space. When you put on the headset you can see everything around you like it is on a tv. You set up a safe zone(circle). If you walk outside the circle it goes blank to warn you to back up. I really really want this device is awesome. If you have to move in a direction for an extended period of time I'd assume you would have to use directional game control. But the bottom line is you can move around within the environment.
Do you need a pc to use it or will downloading games happen within thd headset itself?
Oculus Quest is a stand-alone headset, so no PC is required. You will need a smartphone for the initial setup, but afterward you can buy and download games directly on the headset itself.
How many can you have in one space active at a time?
As many as you can connect to your WiFi. The Oculus Guardian system provides a safe boundary space that you define (either standing/sitting or room). And the boundaries are not aware of other devices in the same space. So the only option for multiple devices is to make sure your guardian spaces are not overlapping.