Rift S PC-Powered VR Gaming Headset – Oculus Rift S designed with Lenovo puts you at the center of virtual reality’s most pulse-pounding, PC-powered gameplay. See the action unfold all around you through our sharpest lenses and next-generation optics. Lose yourself in the experience with a comfortable, improved design that lets you start playing faster and keep playing longer. Oculus Insight tracking gives you the power to move throughout your playspace in any direction. No external sensors. No complicated setup. Just hands-on action and interaction with our updated Oculus Touch controllers right out of the box. Step into the game and the future of PC VR.
Rift S PC-Powered VR Features:
- Top VR gaming library: Blast, slash and soar your way through the top library in VR gaming. Oculus Rift S lets you play hundreds of games and exclusives already available in the Oculus Store, with so much more to come.
- Improved Optics: Stare down the competition with next-generation lenses and a sharper display. Improved optics deliver bright, vivid colors and reduced “screen-door” effect.
- Ergonomic Design: Keep your head in the game thanks to a halo headband redesigned with speed in mind. Rift S stays securely and comfortably in place with a quick twist of the fit wheel, so it can take-or double take-your fastest reactions.
- Oculus Touch Controllers: Arm yourself with our updated Oculus Touch controllers. Your slashes, throws, and grabs appear in VR with intuitive, realistic precision, transporting your hands and gestures right into the game.
- Oculus Insight Tracking: Take a step forward with Oculus Insight. It translates your movements into VR no matter which way you’re facing and provides room-scale tracking without external sensors.
First of all, I absolutely love the oculus rift s and have been constantly blown away from the moment I opened the box. Unlike most of the negative reviews on here, I actually did my research first (if doing research is reading the description) and realized I need a display port instead of HDMI. For me this is fine, I have a couple of DP and HDMI ports on my computer. Great. I ran into an issue where the oculus would crash playing level 1-2 of robot recall but looking online it seems that this has been an ongoing problem with that specific game since oculus rift was out. In any case, the introductory demo blew me away completely. Maybe it’s because I’m looking at this product through nostalgia glasses of what I was hoping the future would be like but I am so happy that VR technology is here and my personal experience was that it was absolutely incredible looking at things in VR and just playing around. I just want to stress again that most “issues” with this product that people seem to be complaining about seem more like issues with their own laptops or they just didn’t read the fine print. After I finish writing this I’m heading right back in to Gun Club VR for some target practice. All in all, BUY THIS PRODUCT, it will blow your mind, but DO YOUR RESEARCH, or you might have a sore behind.
Do the motion sensors come with it, are they required; or do they need to be bought separately?
The Rift S doesn't use any external sensors. The sensors are built into the headset. You don't need to purchase anything extra.
Will you be able to play Robo Recall on this rift s?
Yes, you can!. The Rift S is compatible with existing Rift games.
Can you connect in-ear headphones (or any headphones) to the Oculus Rift S?
Yes you can, there is a headphone jack on the side of visor. However, the cord will have slack and dangle loosely, which can be irritating if you quickly move your head around. I just ran my headset cord to my PC's headphone jack and changed Windows and the Oculus software to use it instead of the Oculus speakers/mic.