Echo Dot Sandstone 3rd Gen – Smart speaker with Alexa. Improved speaker quality – Better speaker quality than Echo Dot Gen 2 for richer and louder sound. Pair with a second Echo Dot for stereo sound.
Echo Dot Sandstone 3rd Gen
- Meet Echo Dot – Our most popular smart speaker with fabric design. It is our most compact smart speaker that fits perfectly into small spaces.
- Improved speaker quality – Better speaker quality than Echo Dot Gen 2 for richer and louder sound. Pair with a second Echo Dot for stereo sound.
- Voice control your music – Stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Sirius XM, and others.
- Ready to help – Ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, set alarms, control compatible smart home devices, and more.
- Voice control your smart home – Turn on lights, adjust thermostats, lock doors, and more with compatible connected devices.
- Connect with others – Call almost anyone hands-free. Instantly drop in on other rooms in your home or make an announcement to every room with a compatible Echo device.
- Alexa has skills – With tens of thousands of skills and counting, Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new skills like tracking fitness, playing games, and more.
- Designed to protect your privacy – Built with multiple layers of privacy protections and controls, including a microphone off button that electronically disconnects the microphones.
ALEXA! It’s great now we always have music playing and it really lightens the mood of the house. There are some people who say they don’t understand what’s the point of having a voice commanded radio but there is much more you can do with this Echo. Amazon music is free now plus you can add your Pandora account or Spotify or iHeartRadio along with your local radio stations, you can control your TV if you have a smart TV or a device like Roku you can tell her to stream a certain show on Hulu, and other streaming channels. There is also a feature where when you are gone she will alert you if she hears breaking glass or smoke detector or carbon monoxide detector when you are away. Not to mention setting timers setting reminders adding to your shopping list at so many other things. The plug is nice to have I plugged in a lamp to it so when I come home to a dark house with my hands full of groceries I can just tell her to turn on the lamp. With the Alexa app, you can go to it on your phone and ask Alexa to do things if you are too far away for her to hear from you. Overall I think it’s great it makes your house super tech-savvy for just $26, that’s a steal!
Love it! Much improvement over the last-gen in sound quality. I currently own 5 different echo devices and use the dot for the bathroom but the second-gen was a little underwhelming during a shower. But, that is no longer an issue. Now if we can just get some decent 3rd party wall or socket mounts for this thing and I’ll be set.