CaseBot Remote Case for Fire TV Stick 4K / Fire TV Cube/Fire TV (3rd Gen) Compatible with All-New 2nd Gen Alexa Voice Remote Control – Honey Comb Series [Anti Slip] Silicone Cover, Turquoise by LTROP
In October 2018, Amazon unveiled the Fire TV Stick 4K, which succeeded the third-generation Fire TV. It is upgraded to a 1.7 GHz quad-core processor and supports 4K output, HDR10+ and Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, and hardware-accelerated MPEG-2 decoding. It also includes an updated voice remote that contains an infrared emitter and buttons for controlling TV power and volume (which, too, can also be controlled with voice commands). The remote is backward compatible with previous Fire TV models, and also sold separately as an upgrade.
The device initially ran Fire OS 3.0, based on Android Jelly Bean 4.2. According to Amazon, that made it “simple for developers to port their services and games over to Fire TV.”
In November 2017, Amazon launched the Fire TV version of the Amazon Silk web browser. In December 2017, Mozilla launched a Fire TV version of the Mozilla Firefox browser.
On March 24, 2015, Amazon announced an update to the Fire TV software to provide the following additional features which address some of the concerns raised in early reviews:
- Expandable USB storage on Amazon Fire TV; the user can connect a USB mass storage device to expand the Fire TV storage.
- Connect to the user’s hotel or dorm room Wi-Fi with captive portal support, which enables the user to connect to Wi-Fi that requires web authentication—this includes Wi-Fi at most major hotels, as well as some universities.
- Private listening on Fire TV, adds support for wireless Bluetooth headphones to Fire TV.
- Browse and search Prime Playlists: Prime members can now take advantage of Prime Music playlists from Fire TV with hundreds of expertly curated Prime Playlists to pick from.
- Hidden PIN entry, the PIN entry screen hides the numbers selected.
- New shortcuts put the user’s Fire TV to sleep or enable display mirroring by pressing and holding the Home button on the remote.
Providers that can be streamed on the Fire TV Stick include A&E, Amazon Prime Video, BBC News, Bloomberg TV, CBS All Access, Crackle, Disney Junior, HBO NOW, History Channel, Huff Post Live, Hulu, Hulu Plus, iHeartRadio, MLB TV Premium, NBA Game Time, Netflix, PBS Kids, Showtime, Spotify, Vimeo, Watch ESPN, Watch Food Network, Watch HGTV, and YouTube.
- The most powerful 4K streaming media stick with a Wi-Fi antenna design optimized for 4K Ultra HD streaming.
- Launch and control content with the Alexa Voice Remote. Watch favorites from Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, STARZ, SHOWTIME, or CBS All Access, plus stream for free with Pluto TV, IMDb Freedive, and others.
- Enjoy brilliant picture with access to 4K Ultra HD, Dolby Vision, HDR, and HDR10+. Experience immersive sound with Dolby Atmos on select Prime Video titles.
- Choose from 500,000 movies and TV episodes. Watch favorites from Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, STARZ, SHOWTIME, CBS All Access, and others.
- Fire TV Stick devices have more storage for apps and games than any other streaming media stick.
- Experience tens of thousands of channels, apps, and Alexa skills, plus millions of websites like YouTube, Facebook, and Reddit.
- Alexa on Fire TV provides the most comprehensive voice experience of any streaming media player—view live camera feeds, check the weather, dim the lights, and stream music.
- Amazon Prime members get unlimited access to thousands of movies and TV episodes, plus ad-free listening to millions of songs with Prime Music.