Oculus Quest Virtual Reality Standalone-Headset – 64Gb – Quest All-in-one VR Gaming Headset 64GB – Oculus Quest is an all-in-one gaming system for virtual reality. No wires. No PC. Simply set up with the Oculus set up mobile application, and also you’re free to explore VR from almost anywhere. Sensors contained in the headset precisely track your movements and instantly translate them into VR, while serving to you avoid close-by objects. And with Oculus Touch controllers, your fingers are in the recreation, so you can see your each gesture and really feel the power of each impression. Take VR gaming to the next level. And everywhere else. Setup requires an iPhone (iOS 10 or higher) or Android (6.0 Marshmallow or higher) smartphone, the Oculus App (free download), 802.11 b/g/n wi-fi access, and an Oculus membership.
Oculus Quest Virtual Reality Standalone-Headset – 64Gb Options:
- Receive all three Series of Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series and Lightsaber Dojos while you buy an Oculus Quest headset between 11/21/2019 and 01/31/2020 (limited time only). Oculus Quest must be activated inside 30 days of purchase to redeem offer.
- All-in-one VR: Just arrange the device with your Oculus mobile app and Oculus Quest has everything you need to explore VR, right out of the box.
- Insight tracking: Oculus Insight tracking system instantly reflects your movements in VR without the need for any external accessories
- Touch controllers: Oculus Touch controllers precisely recreate your hands, their gestures and interactions, so every game is real enough to reach out and touch
- Beyond room-scale: Oculus Quest works with your environment, so you can play standing or sitting, in spaces big or small
I do not know what to say. That is the first time I put on a VR headset and I can’t imagine the immersion, the feeling of in some alternate, fascinating world(s). It’s quite beautiful. The hardware looks and feels solid. The controllers are nicely done. The battery life is around 2 or so hours. I can’t wait to jump back in.
Coming from a Rift, I’m very impressed with Quest. CONS: I definitely feel all of the weight in the front and I find it to be not too comfortable after a while. The sound that comes out sounds very spatial and natural, but the volume is too low and bass notes sound terrible and distorted. Instead, I’m using headphones with a 6″ coiled cable for a much better experience. The tracking is not as good as Rift, you do lose the position of hands if they are beside or behind you, but you get used to that quickly.
PROS: The screens look great, a noticeable improvement from Rift with less “screen door effect”. The new lenses also have “God rays” but they are not as noticeable. The quality of visuals the custom snapdragon 835 in this headset is able to output is amazing. “Vader Immortal” stands out, you can tell they took full advantage and optimized for this game for this headset because this game looks as good as any Rift game somehow, no $1000 pc required, and this gets me excited about future titles. The fact that there’s no wire attached is also a big plus, you can get as fancy as you want with your movements. Battery life seems to be around 2 hours playing games and everything just feels high quality. What this device gives you for $400 is incredible.